• Commissioners met with county legal counsel regarding county liability.
• Commissioners attended a Southwest Regional County Commissioners meeting in Branson, Mo.
• The Commission signed and approved accounts payable and payroll checks in the amount of $63,599.26.
• Commissioners met with Sheriff Mike Hall, Lt. Brandon Barrett and Prosecuting Attorney Bill Dobbs.
• The Commission met with Ken Mata, Morton Buildings representative, to discuss the completion of the jail project. Debate ensued regarding locks for the remodeled side of the jail. The wrong locks were ordered initially. Mata eventually told the Commission that Morton Buildings will correct the mistake and pay the $42,005 cost for the re-ordered locks. As per Mata, Morton Buildings shall be responsible for any costs related to any corrections demanded by the jail inspectors, from state or federal inspections, should the project fail inspection due to the failure to follow instructions of the McDonald County Jail plans.
• Commissioners met with Roy Hodgkinson. Hodgkinson expressed frustration with Hodgkinson Lane, east of Pineville. The Commission informed him they could not be of assistance because the lane is not a county road.
• Commissioners signed and approved accounts payable in the amount of $52,333.60.
• Commissioners met with Ed Malcom. Malcom discussed E Highway and noted he would like to see the road built up.
• The Commission reviewed Catalpa Road, east of Jane, and the road's river crossing. They also reviewed Skaggs Hollow Road, east of Pineville.
• The Commission signed and approved accounts payable in the amount of $5,255.60.
• McDonald County Treasurer, Joye Helm, provided the Commission with information regarding a County Certificate of Deposit coming due. Commissioners unanimously voted to issue a Court Order allowing Helm to roll over the CD in the amount of $173,674.24.
• The Commission opened two sealed bids for the McDonald County Audit of 2016 and 2017. Commission unanimously voted to table the decision for further discussion.
• Commissioners signed and approved accounts payable in the amount of $47,702.41.
• The Commission unanimously voted to accept the Single Audit bid from McBride, Lock & Associates, LLC.
• Ryan McFarlin and Emily Lyons met with Commissioners to discuss vehicle traffic on Spider K Road, west of Anderson. The Commission stated they would erect a caution sign to encourage drivers to slow down.
• Commissioner John Bunch attended a board meeting of the Harry S. Truman Coordinating Council in Joplin.
• Commissioners signed and approved accounts payable in the amount of $572,229.33.Community on 07/12/2018
Print Headline: Commission Minutes